Thursday, March 20, 2008

My 15 Minutes of Fame... St. John Style


So one of the coolest things about the whole St. John trip and the 8 Tuff Miles experience was having an opportunity to be interviewed and featured in one of the St. John Newspapers - The Sun Times.

The morning after we arrived, I went to check in officially at the campground while Brian and Brett got us a cab to go into town and pick up the rental jeep. While I was waiting I saw a copy of the Sun Times sitting on a shelf, picked it up, paged through and saw a picture of me and my dog!! They had used the picture I sent along w/ the entire email interview I had done. It was so crazy to arrive on a tiny island in the middle of the Caribbean Sea, and wake up in the morning to find my picture in the paper.

Anyway, the editor and publisher of the paper, Ella, was really fun to talk to and I had a chance to meet her leading up to race day and then right after the race as well (she was the first to greet me and congratulate me at the finish line actually!). She is a really cool person and looks to be doing a great job w/ the Sun Times. So click on the picture of the article and you can read for yourself!!

No comments: